The Friedman Adventures

This blog is created as a journal, outlet, inspiration and a keepsake for our boys.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

We've got 8 days til the big day!
I really have been wanting to vlounteer somewhere. Sometimes it is hard to take that step to find a place, where do you go? Hospital... but then again not good for my little ones to be in a hospital. A nursing home? could be the same as a hospital?sickness or could be a possibility to just go pass out candy canes & sing. Serving food is another possibilty I am going to try & look into that today.
I think we are ALL trying to make Christmas special by purchasing things....isn't that funny? I think the Grinches of our culture really are those relentless commercial marketing forces that have spent so long trying to convince us that Christmas does come from a store, catalog or on-line.
Like the Dr. Seuss book reveals, "It came without ribbons! It came without tags! It came without packages, boxes or bags!"

I think right now I am looking forward to showing & teaching my kids what Christmas is really about...I will have a fight because of our consumer culture but will eventually be a huge payoff for them internally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home